
Tuesday I was going to take another “belly watch” pic, when to our surprise I ended up in the hospital with rapidly progressing preterm labor. Our hospital isn’t equipped for my situation, so I was transported via ambulance to the big one downtown.
As the paramedics came into the room, one placed an IV and two more were there to get me on the gurney. All I could think about was the fact that I’m wearing a very open hospital gown and NO underclothes. My husband and father were there as well, and I was feeling grossly outnumbered in that room full of testosterone. I looked up at the paramedics and blurted out, “You guys must see a whole lot of butts.” They laughed, and the tallest one replied, “That’s why we call it the I. C. U.!” One was kind enough to offer a blanket to cover me, thus attempting a reclaim at some of my dignity.
So, after an uneventful trip in the ambulance, I was taken into the ante partum wing of labor and delivery, Where I will stay at least until Monday. The babies are fine, but need to stay put until 34 weeks minimum.
Alex has been my other doctor every time he comes to visit, fussing with the pressure cuffs on my legs, tracing the IV with his fingers, and turning on the lights with vigor. He grabbed a stethoscope and checked out the babies.
We’ll keep you posted as to my condition and the babies. So far, everything is fine!
As the paramedics came into the room, one placed an IV and two more were there to get me on the gurney. All I could think about was the fact that I’m wearing a very open hospital gown and NO underclothes. My husband and father were there as well, and I was feeling grossly outnumbered in that room full of testosterone. I looked up at the paramedics and blurted out, “You guys must see a whole lot of butts.” They laughed, and the tallest one replied, “That’s why we call it the I. C. U.!” One was kind enough to offer a blanket to cover me, thus attempting a reclaim at some of my dignity.
So, after an uneventful trip in the ambulance, I was taken into the ante partum wing of labor and delivery, Where I will stay at least until Monday. The babies are fine, but need to stay put until 34 weeks minimum.
Alex has been my other doctor every time he comes to visit, fussing with the pressure cuffs on my legs, tracing the IV with his fingers, and turning on the lights with vigor. He grabbed a stethoscope and checked out the babies.
We’ll keep you posted as to my condition and the babies. So far, everything is fine!
4 comments:
Wow, congrats on getting so far along with twins! I looked back at some pics on your blog and you look SO GOOD--seriously (even though you don't feel it). Glad to see you guys are doing so well--except for being in labor and all. Well, take care and we'll keep you in our prayers!!
So glad the babies are doing well. When are you 34 weeks?
That's one good looking doctor!! You're never out of our thoughts.
Love you more than diet cherry coke
Mom
Anxiously awaiting the arrival of the babies, I'm bummed we're not neighbors and I can't just pop over to see them once they are here. Praying for you! Take care!
Ginger
Post a Comment