Thursday, January 31, 2008

The babies are here!!!

Michael showing the twins to Camille.
(I can't tell which is which, sorry)

Brooklyn is in front, and Jack is in back (I think).


Camille holding her babies for the first time.

(Brookly is in Camille's right arm, and Jack is in Camille's left.)

Alex holding Brooklyn.

Alex holding Jack.


Camille is still in the hospital with the babies, so I (Michael) am writing my first blog. I probably won't be as witty as my beautiful wife, but none of you are going to read what I am writing unless it is the caption on the pictures I was told to attach.

We went in to the hospital at about 11:00 am. They did some tests on us, but our doctor told us that he really didn't care what the tests said. Today was the day. Camille had the c-section at 1:30 pm, and the babies were born at approximately 1:58 and 1:59.


Our boy was the first, weighing in at 7 lbs 6 ounces and measuring 20 inches long. As you can see, he has curly brown hair. His hair was so even that it looked like it had been cut by hair clippers, and the nurses enjoyed spiking it up after giving him his bath. We were all amazed at how big his hands and shoulders are. Under the heat lamp he stretched out like a star fish, and I swear he was all shoulders and hands.


Our Girl was born just a minute after her brother. She weighed 6 lbs 9 ounces and measured 19 inches long. She looks a lot like her twin brother, but her features are more feminine. Her hair is almost jet black, but just as straight as her brother's.


So far, we don't think they'll have to go in to the NICU or anything. They seem really healthy. Camille had a significantly better experience with the c-section than with Alex's birth, though coming off of the anesthesia hasn't been all that much fun.


Anyway, here are six pictures for now. I'm sure we'll post more in the next little while.


10 comments:

KatyBug said...

I'm an aunt again! And again! I'm so excited and am so happy for the new additions to your beautiful family! I can't wait to hold them and play with the adorbale Alexander the Great!

Anne said...

hurray!! way to go camille. you are a rockstar-----what amazing babies. love you.

Anita said...

Wow--big babies for twins!! Good job carrying those two around for as long as you did. Congrats on the new additions. The babies are beautiful. Good luck with everything.

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow. You're superwoman. Congratulations! Let me know what you want me to do in the weeks to come. If you don't tell me, I'll start making things up!
Love,
Jen & The Boys

Anonymous said...

Are those the most beautiful babies or what? They take after their handsome and wonderful brother!! We are SO proud of all of you. We'll be showing these pictures off everywhere we go.
I'm there when you need me.
Love you
Mom

Anonymous said...

And by the way Camille, I was remiss when you married Michael. There should have been a disclosure about how BIG Davies Babies are. But then again, they do turn out awfully nice if I do say so!
Love you again - share a diet cherry Coke soon?
Mom

mike and bri smith said...

Way to go Davies Family!! They are darling. We wish you lots of luck with your new additions. By the way, you can keep tabs on us at

mikeandbrismith.blogspot

Arnell Family said...

Congratulations! We have been checking your blog every day expecting to see those adorable babies - and now the day has finally come! We are excited for all of you! Georgeous babies - and HUGE!! What a trooper you are Camille!

Kyle and Ginger Cunningham said...

Camille, I only wish I was there to bring over a meal again. You all look great, Kyle was stunned at how big Alex was. Congrats!
Ginger

Allison said...

Camille and Michael,
I've been checking your blog more often these days to see was happening to you. I feel like I am living my soon to be future through your expereinces. My twins are due to come out at the March. Yours are so cute and healthy. I read Michael's blog when he mentioned that you, Camille, were feeling uncomfortable... Well holy cow... those were big babies for having two inside! I hope I can tough it out as well as you do. Keep up the blogs, as I look to them for insight. Congrats again!
Michael's cousin,
Allison