Boy meets girl, they fall in love . . .
Shortly thereafter they marry, and he deploys to fly during WWII, she stays home a faithful military wife . . .
Boy has all sorts of adventures, flying in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam . . .
and through it all they are in love, love, love . . .
Here they are, my husband's grandparents: Jim and Phyllis-- our military couple mentors.I know why my husband was drawn to the military-- it's in his blood!
He is a wonderful NCO, and I know my man will be a strong leader in Afghanistan. After all, these things are hereditary, Right? I have always loved visiting Nana and Papa (the couple above). They have been married for over 60 years, going strong, and thier home is always a place of peace and refuge from the rest of the world. We love you, Nana and Papa! Thank you for being our inspiration!

7 comments:
I love these pictures of Nana and Papa! Aren't they beautiful?? I wish I was half as beautiful and my Nana!!!
I hope we end up as happy as Nana and Papa. We're on track! I love you, sweety.
It is my goal that my grand kids can say the say the samething about chris and I!
Those pictures are such an accurate representation of Nana and Papa and their strong love for eachother. I am so proud to call them my Grandparents. They are such a solid example to follow. Do you mind if I post a couple of those pictures on my blog?
By the way...I've been thinking about you a ton. How are you holding up?
By the way...I've been thinking about you a ton. How are you holding up?
Thank you for such a heartwarming tribute to my parents. I love you!
Mom
P.S. Happy marriages are hereditary!
Post a Comment