Here's my "monkey-brain" at it's best... I've got random updates I plan to post all at once.
1- JACK CAN WALK! He took kid first steps today, between me and my sister Lisa at a New Year's party. He's got this all-or-nothing attitude as he horse-canters between us. It was adorable. The side show, his sister Brookie, was the real news. She quietly crawled up next to me while the extended family is applauding her twin, and she sat next to me, propping herself on a pillow, one foot kicked up possessively on my thigh. She had this look of, "I'm the darling one, dang it!" on her face.
We tried to get her to walk, but she stood firmly in one place. The she sat down. Total 'tude.
2-JACK IS CUTTING HIS FIRST TOOTH-- finally. On the eleven month mark, he finally cuts a tooth, and it pops out in 24 hours. Poor baby. He's really uncomfortable, as teething on older babies is miserable. I've had 8 hours of sleep in a 48 hour period.
3- BROOKIE BEAN has a new trick. She's learned how to GAG HERSELF. No joke. Teeny tiny index finger goes in her mouth, she wretches, then laughs. Gross.
4- Alex, officially, is the best biggest brother. He's patient when everyone coos over the twins, kindly waits when he's overlooked by strangers, and today he apologized to his cousin after hitting him (accidentally), then asked, "Do you forgive me?" He's my best bud.
So, I've declared 2009 my year to be "Under construction." No one is putting me in a corner this year! Time for me to take care of myself, respect my body through eating well, exercising, and dressing right. This year feels like a good year for being under construction. I'm not posting my resolutions, but I'll just say that by Christmas next year, I'll post them, and we'll see if I accomplished all that I'm setting out to do...
Here's to 2009!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good job to Jack! My little guy doesn't have teeth yet - he is almost 9 months, and I don't think I am looking forward to when they come in. (Only because I don't think it will be especially pleasant for him.) When I clicked over to your blog this morning, Assassin's Tango was playing and my guy loved it! He started dancing and cooing along.
What a cute family!
As for the New Year's Resolutions...whatever they are, I say, Way to go!! You can do it!
I know we were only neighbors for a little while, but seriously, I wish I lived closer and could help with the kiddos. I think you're great.
Ok, I need to come to your house and hang before your babaies are in college. I'll even wear my evening gown for the occassion.
Post a Comment