Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Frippery, Snobbery, and Superlatives

TAG! TAG! TAG!

Okay, this was fun... that's why instead of listing ten people, I'm tagging EVERYONE that actually reads my blog. If you've read this in the next two weeks... I'm tagging you.

1.BEST MOVIE EVER
That's hard... here's a list:
Chocolat
Office Space
Gross Pointe Blank
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

2.WORST MOVIE EVER
That's subjective.. I'll say the movies that scarred me for life:
Born on the 4th of July
Kill Bill
Anything Leslie Nielson
Anything Baz Lehrman

3.BEST VACATION EVER
Never been on it, but here's what I'd love:
A month in the Louvre
Hiking the Patagonia Mountains
Getting to the Kathmandu Base Camp
Climb Kilimanjaro (see a theme?)
Thailand. All of it.
A month in the Prado
Turkey. See the thousand pools...

4.WORST VACATION EVER
A carnival cruise to Ensanada, Mexico. Did it, puked the whole time.

5.DON'T MESS WITH MY...
Children (goes without saying)
Cleaning habits and obsession with order. I'm clean. I'm tidy. Get used to it.

6.DREAM DATE
Where money grows on trees, right?
Private jet to Paris, we'd stroll the Champs D'Elysses, stay the night at the Georges V, eat at sidewalk cafes and shop at Chanel. And Dior.

6.WORST DATE
Drive-In movie. I hate them. I'd rather hang in the mountains at night OR sit in a theater. I don't see the fun in combining the two.

7.IN ANOTHER LIFE, I WOULD BE A:
Jet fighter pilot
Concert Pianist in NY
US Ambassador
High-powered music exec for a big label

8.LET'S FACE IT. I LOVE BEING A:
Mother! I love being a Mom. It's my true calling. I really enjoy it. I was never good at an 8to5 job. I would stare out the window at the mountains from my cubicle.

9:DREAM HOUSE
Also in the land where money grows on trees, right?
I'd have a lot of property, for my vineyard, orchard, and gardens. Both floral and vegetable. I've never been interested in a huge house. Just an efficient one, with enough space for my children, and a really great kitchen. Ooh, I'd like a gardening shack. That'd be fun... I'd also like using solar energy panels. But, not a mansion, just a home that would be filled with lots of light, peace, and love.

10.COLLEGE WAS...
A necessary evil? Okay, I LOVED my experience at BYU, I got to travel with the Folk Dancers all over the world, but here's the deal... I really hated huge classrooms of 900 trying to learn something I had NO USE for. THAT was nap time. If I could do it over, I would have gone to a liberal arts college, or even Berkeley-- that was my first pick. But with Dad being a professor, making tuition HALF PRICE, and being the youngest of five... you go where it's easiest on the pocketbook. I think my true learning during school happened when I was several time zones away in lands where I didn't speak the language. LOVED that.

11.TRAVELING IS...
A dream from a lifetime long ago... I LOVE traveling. I love being in different hotels in countries I've never dreamed of in my wildest... I still have a long list of places I want to see. But I have been to 22 countries and 28 states.

12.FRIPPERY, SNOBBERY, and FROU FROU IS...
Something I vehemently deny? It's the all-encompassing dichotomy in my life. I am really into conservation, reducing, reusing, recycling...the environment... but you wouldn't have to put a gun to my head to get me to wear a Marc Jacobs gown and Jimmy Choos with the latest Berkin bag. LUSH products sit next to my Chanel eyeshadow. I use CF light bulbs, but only in the places that I don't mind the fluorescent light. I use a lot of healthy, organic foods and products, but you will still find Ben and Jerry's in my freezer, and a Lindt bar in my pantry. Go fig. I'm being honest.

No comments: