Thursday, December 27, 2007

Merry Christmas

Alex on Christmas Eve. Frosting Lipstick thanks to a cupcake . . .
The traditional Eve PJ's . . . monkeys for our monkey

Alex opening the telescope from Santa


Alex on the bicycle from Santa, with the backpack from Nana and Papa, and the face from his imagination . . .




Merry Christmas! It's been a wonderful holiday. We had a memorable season together, and it's wierd to think what next Christmas will hold-- two new babies, and a husband (and Daddy) out "in the sand." 2008 is going to be an adventure, that's for sure.



Tonight we went out to a Chinese restaurant, "Shoots," and on the way out a woman took a long stare at me, looked at her daughters, and said, "Now THERE'S a pregnant one." I get so many stares. I wish it was for stunning beauty. Nope, it's the circus belly I'm toting around 24/7. I used to feel bad that I make people uncomfortable around me (like I'm going to explode right there). Now I find sick pleasure in silently taunting people. I remember as a young dancer filled with naivete seeing my pregnant teacher get bigger and bigger. I expected her to blow up at any moment. We'd yell "NO!" every time she started to demonstrate something.
What, like she was going to have the baby in the middle of the studio, right?




No comments: