Merry Christmas!I am on "Take-it-easy" now. (My OB was wise enough to not call it "bed-rest," as that would merit him a kick in the shins. Feet up, sitting down, no shopping, no housework, no errands. I am now just a enormous gestating mass. An orb of hormones, if you will.) I get exhausted putting on make up. Our staircases have proven a worthy adversary to me, giant prego-girl. Tonight is our family Christmas Eve dinner/program (which is still loosely tied to our Swedish roots), and so we went to the smallest market I know (small=less walking) and I bought baked goods I fresh baked myself (I swear! Homemade!). This is the LEAST effort I have put into a holiday in years, and I physically can't even try to do more. This blows. I'm not a sit-around-do-nothing-let-someone-else-take-care-of-it kind of girl. The hardest part of taking it easy is that I DON'T LIKE TAKING IT EASY!
Well, glad to have that off my chest, or belly, what have you.
You should see the snow storm outside. Alex looked out the window and said, "Wow! It's bluzzarding outside!" While I am missing another "merry beach christmas," there's nothing like snow to make the season bright.
Here's a quick anecdote for a few laughs. We take Alex to a fast food joint that has an indoor playground (not those nasty plastic tube-connections with nuggets and fries trapped in the highest tiers, this is an actual playground). It's perfect, I can sit with my feet up and he plays to his hearts content. Our last visit to this place, a Spanish-speaking family was boisterously playing, with thier mother firing loud warnings to her children to be careful, etc. Alex froze on the steps, turned to look her in the eyes, and loudly said, "Oh, I know what to say. Quattro Cinco Seis, Quattro CINCO seis. Okay!" She had no idea what to do with his numerical suggestion.
To end on something trite and clicheic, Remember the reason for this season. Also, take the holidays in through a child's perspective. Our holidays have been far more magical with our crazy three year old narrating every new adventure.
Merry Christmas!
2 comments:
Okay, first, you do look HUGE in the baby department, but everything else looks glamorous! I'm sorry my grandchildren are making you so uncomfortable, but it will be worth it for me!!
Now, for Alex coming down with his un's on his head and doing the naked dance...has his father stopped doing this yet?!
We think you are all so incredible TERRIFIC and we miss you.
Love
Mom et al
I do know how to spell incredibly, I just don't type all that well.
Love again
Mom
Post a Comment