Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Alex says. . .

Tomorrow I am having surgery, and so today I went shopping to prep for recovery time and also have a little fun. We went to mecca, I mean Ikea this morning, and on the way there we saw a nasty car accident. Alex sized it up, clicked his tongue and said, "Oh man, that's what happens when kids drive cars." So true on so many levels...

We've had a hard time keeping Alex in his bed at night, and I continually put him back in his bed through the night. A few nights ago, Alex came in my room around 2 in the morning, and climbed once again into bed with me. However, this time, he leans over, plants a huge kiss on my cheek, and while stroking my arm he said, "I had to come and check on you, my darling!"

Being Quiet in church and keeping the ground rules have been extremely difficult for my 4 year old little man. After an ultra- frustrating day, I asked Alex why he was being so naughty. He thought about it for a while, and replied, "Well, you were naughty when you were 4 years old...so I'm naughty." Yikes, that was insightful...

Alex starts preschool in a couple of weeks, and we went on campus to check out his room. State of the art facilities, new clean, bright, all my favorite things-- Alex and I both were in love with his preschool. They have a big bunny, a tarantula, birds, and really big goldfish. He's SO excited. SO, we went to the bookstore to do a little shopping, then decided to head to the eating place to grab some food. On our way there, we ran into Grandpa! Alex stopped dead in his tracks, SO confused to see Grandpa out of context, and blurted out, "What are YOU doing in my School, grandpa?" (Dad's a professor emeritus in histology)

3 comments:

The Allred Family said...

What surgery are you having? Good luck. I am amazed at you and yuor strength. You are always so upbeat and positive. It is really incredible. I'll be praying for you!
Katie

holly said...

What surgery? HOw can you open with "I'm having surgery tomorrow" and then move on like it's just another day?! Give the details lady...

Carina said...

Wait, wait, will he be afternoon session or morning?

We're in the morning.