Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Dammit Card and Chicken in a Box

I learn so much from Alex.

Things that I knew to be fact have been quickly refuted by my emphatic 4 year old.

All about the origin of chicken:

"Hey Mom, do you know where chickens come from?" Dead-pan face from my boy.

"Hmmm, why don't you tell me?" I asked sincerely.

"Okay, so chickens come from a box. A big, square box. Oh, and there's lots of wrappers... lots and lots of wrappers in the box for the chicken. "THAT'S where chicken comes from."

SO, I think it's time to visit a farm...

THE DAMMIT CARD:

We were in the checkout at (where else?) Target a few days ago, when Alex reprimanded me for cussing. Okay, to clarify, I DO NOT cuss in front of my children. Little minds are amazing sponges. Anyhoo, The clerk asks me how I'm going to pay, and I quickly say, "Debit!" to the clerk while putting a pacifier in one of the twins mouths.

Alex looked up, aghast, and shouted, "Mom! WE don't say dammit! That's a bad word!"
Hmmm....huh? I was thinking for a while, confused at why Alex thought I just swore. "Did I just cuss and not realize it?" I thought to myself, when it dawned on me: Debit=Dammit. I was using my Dammit Card. The clerk laughed and said, "Well, isn't that pretty much the same thing? You're spending money... it could be the dammit card."

I totally agree.

3 comments:

holly said...

That's hilarious! What a great analogy...

Michael said...

I agree with Alex. I don't think you should shop any more.

camillion said...

Michael: "I don't think you should shop. blah blah blah..."
Me: "Har har freakin Har..."
Michael: "No, seriously.."
Me: "No, seriously, har har."