Sunday, September 28, 2008

Alex's Big Day in Church

Today was the Primary Children's Annual program in church. Alex was asked to give a talk-- mind you, he's four. He spoke with the oldest kids, and was amazing.

I've never been prouder-- up there at the podium, he waved at me in the congregation, then began with an authoritative "Good Afternoon!" He spoke clearly, with great enunciation, and rattled off his memorized paragraph effortlessly.

He wore a blue blazer, white shirt and the smiley face tie his Dad bought him before leaving again. He is my little man. I know I will see great things emerge from this special spirit.

Alex is the greatest kid on the planet, hands down. Anytime I'm having a rough moment, he's immediately right by my side, giving me a hug and a hip kiss (yup, I don't get it myself), them he's off to entertain the twins for me while I pull it together. Without me asking. My little man.