Monday, September 1, 2008

Priesthood Keys


Hello from Afghanistan.  Camille's computer went ka-poot, so I'll try to put a post or two until we can fix her computer.  I'm heading home on leave this week, so hopefully she'll be up and writing in no time.  I don't think she realizes how much fun I have reading her blog from 8,000 miles away!

Yesterday was a momentous occasion in Afghanistan. On 31 August 2008, the Bagram, Afghanistan Branch of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was officially organized.  We now have a full-fledged District based out of Kabul, Afghanistan, and Branches in both Kabul and Bagram.  While it is true that the members are primarily service members and government civilians from the U.S. and various other countries, we have priesthood keys at the congregational level for the first time in a VERY long time.  We have a Branch Presidency, an Elders Quorum President, a Relief Society, and a branch of approximately 150 people. 

1 comment:

Family said...

Every time someone in the family reads this entry, they just sit there and say "Wow!" It's absolutely incredible and wonderful.
We love you tons and bunches!! Have a safe trip home for leave.
Mom