I normally prefer the "pretty pictures," but this was taken of me when I got home and scooped up my babies in my arms. I am numb and cried out at this point. It's been a sucko day.
Obviously in the middle of talking, we didn't feel much like posing or smiling at this point.
Alex and his daddy. He's convinced where his daddy is going is FIFTY whole miles away (not 12,000). That's how far away the middle east is for a three year old. Alex did pretty well until he realized daddy wasn't getting in the car with us after we dropped him off. Luckily a DVD and a sugar cookie proved a worthy distraction temporarily...
Just a group shot after the ceremony. The governor came and spoke, there were politicians there showing their support, and the army band played. After the speeches and music, a buzzer announced the opening of the hangar doors, and the ominous view of the military planes loomed over all of us. One of my sisters came to say goodbye, and at that point she looked at me and said, "Now THIS is just too much. Do they HAVE to make this so dramatic?" It is. At this point the talking quieted as we all looked out at the planes that were about to take our husbands away from us.It's been a bad day. Saying goodbye was way harder than I thought it would be, and then I had to drive an hour on the freeway to get home. Luckily, all I felt on the freeway was numb, and the tears stopped before I hit the I-15.
I had my twins three weeks ago, I have friends who have had thier babies in the past month or are due in the months to come. Life marches on while our soldiers are in the sand. They have an important mission to fulfill. It doesn't matter what side of the political fence you are on, these soldiers are sticking thier necks on the line for you.
This morning my husband had to say goodbye to the twins as they couldn't come to the ceremony. I had to look away as his hands and face began to tremble as he held his newborns for the last time for the following year. Our story isn't unique. This scene was being played out in approximately 300 homes throughout the state today. In that I find comfort. Amidst the tears and farewells, a bond was formed between the wives. We will support each other, come what may.
We are going to miss my husband and the kid's daddy dearly this coming year. It's in these profound moments that you fully realize how much you love someone. He will make us proud, and he will be proud of us as we allow life to march on as we fulfill separate missions for the time being.
I really don't know how to express how I feel. I have a family to keep together and a household to keep functioning. I will be busy, that is a blessing in itself.
My request is that these soldiers stay in your thoughts, prayers, and meditations for the next year.
My request is that these soldiers stay in your thoughts, prayers, and meditations for the next year.
7 comments:
they will.
You all will be in my prayers...
I am so proud of YOU Camille. You were so calm when you came home yesterday and I know it was one of your worst days ever. May peace (at your home and around the world) prevail. We are praying for you, Michael, and the kids. Estee was cute in her prayers last night and didn't forget any of you. We are all here for you and the cute babes!
I don't know you, but my brother Scott is in your husband's company. I want to thank you and your husband for the sacrifices you are making to make our world a better place. We are praying daily for these soldiers as well as their families. May God be your constant companion during this time of separation.
Kenn and Jolene Johnson
We love you and will be praying for you! You can do this!!! :) What an amazing example you are of Army wives and the ability to push forward no matter what!
You sure know how to make me cry, sis! You are all in my prayers daily. I love you all!
Camille, so beautifuly put! You have a beautiful way of puting your heart into words.
Post a Comment