We are well into the second week of the lives of our twins, and our little boy's health is improving. His Pediatrician, however, has given us a mandate to stay in the house for at least 3 months, maybe five. I may go crazy from being couped up, but it is worth it to keep them healthy and strong.
One of the most bizarre side effects from this twin pregnancy is my appalling weight loss. I lost over 20 pounds in delivering my babies, but since that point I have lost a total of 41 pounds in 10 days. It has had a bizarre effect on my body, but I am happy to see my ankles and feet again.
Dadddy, my husband Michael, is deploying in two weeks for the Middle East. He will be gone for at least a year, and the ugly reality of this separation is starting to sink in. I can't imagine how he feels missing everything in thier first year of life. He missed several significant milestones in Alex's first year due to deployments and training, and now he will miss the twins' first year altogether. These moments have been bittersweet, as we are enjoying the new lives in our home, and yet we have had to finalize wills, estate planning and the ugly realities of mortality. He will return. He will come home safe. There is much for him to do, and we need him to come home fast.
6 comments:
Michael will come home. I know my brother. He is a stubborn son of a gun who loves you and those babies and Mr. Alexander. He'll be back and we'll all be here to help you in the meantime. I LOVE YOU and CONGRATS on slimming down so quickly! :D That's crazy!
Wish I could lose 40 pounds in ten days....
I really do want to take pictures for you before Michael goes. I'll come to you. Just let me know when...
Wow! Can you believe it? My first comment post. I love the picture of all of you in surgery--what a great shot! We're all thinking of you and praying for you. Michael's departure came too quickly. We're praying for all of you!
Your little ones are adorable. Maybe our husbands can help keep each other safe. When our new addition comes, I will be looking to you for help on how to have a toddler and newborn with no husband. If you need company ever, please let me know!
K.Lalliss
i am a little teary after reading this post---i can't imagine what it is like for you right now. we are still waiting to hear if craig has been accepted to byu but help could be on the way---in the form of me!! maybe sy and alex can be best little friends. love you.
Camille. We live so close to you, but I don't know where. Do you have my number? I could totally come over to help and entertain. Let me know.
You are both strong and brave, and all will be alright. Show my gratitude to Michael for me for going to defend our country -- there are great men out there.
Post a Comment