some of the group at my babies shower
changing diapers, always changing diapers . . . that dress I am wearing is from "El Milagro" the greatest Mexican goods store on Fremont in Seaside, CA (oh, how we miss CA!)That dress was $20!
My sister holding my baby girl
opening the dress my Mom bought my baby girl at Nordstrom-- its SO pretty, I'm scared to let her wear it .
Army Wives . . . The REAL Army wives!
More Army wives . . . my friend Emily and her baby girl. Look at her baby's hand-- it looks like she's getting fresh with me (har har)
My fellow military wives! I love these girls-- there's a whole lot of girl power right thereFriday night my sisters threw me a babies shower here at my house. I had friends come from my mission, from college, and fellow military wives, not to mention my family and extended. I was touched and overwhelmed by the love and support that so many gave to me by coming. I have pretty great friends. My college roomate, fellow dance alum and cousin Lindsay brought me a giant bag of diapers and a most significant gift-- circus peanuts. I couldn't believe she remembered my fixation for those sugary treats! It was fun reminiscing the good ol' days of leotards and character shoes with her. Lindsay took photos of my family the day before Michael deployed. She is, by the way, a very talented photographer
http://lindsaydanielphotography.blogspot.com/check out her work and the pics of my family . . .
My friend Sebrina made a statement that I appreciated and it took me back a bit. "You are Womderwoman's Hero." I loved the statement, and thought it was ironic as this was coming from a fellow military wife. We all have a challenging lot for the upcoming year, and I find it strange that they think I am stronger than they are. I am amazed at the resiliance and perseverance that each of these ladies display. I am grateful to be counted among their ranks. I am proud to be an Army wife!
The shower was wonderful. I loved seeing friends and family that I hadn't seen in a while. I hope everyone realizes how significant that evening was for me.
The shower was wonderful. I loved seeing friends and family that I hadn't seen in a while. I hope everyone realizes how significant that evening was for me.
Many sleepless nights as I am stumbling down the stairs to make yet more bottles, my heart weighs heavy at this unsurmountable task that lies before me. You feel like a single mom as a military wife. The house is void of a male presence. Our bed no longer smells of his cologne, his clothing no longer hangs in our closet. His car is on blocks in the garage. I miss his strong arms and soft heart. The phone calls and IM sessions are nice, but I miss holding his hand as we talk. My friends and family filled my home with noise and laughter, love and support on Friday night.
Not only were my twins welcomed into the world in a wondeful manner, but the sounds of love and laughter linger in my home and will remain to fill my heart during these sleepless nights.
3 comments:
You are my hero, Camille.
I am so glad you have so many friends and family around to support you! I wish I could have been there. We will be back in UT before we know it, only 6 more weeks here :( It is going to be really sad to leave here again!
I adore your hair! You look gorgeous...and younger!
Post a Comment