This is the third birthday I have spent in the hospital. . .
There I was, just last night, a bevy of tests being performed and I was hooked up to the EKG monitors staring at the light thinking, "so this is how it's all going to end?"
I went into the ER around 7:30 thinking I was having a heart attack. Severe, acute chest pain, numb arms, difficulty breathing and the dizziness was kicking in. The triage nurse quickly shunted me into the big room in the ER, and I was made into a human pincushion. The nurses and MD on duty thought I was having a mild infarction as well, until divine intervention set in, reminding me of my familial history of gallbladder disease. Drumroll please . . . last night I was diagnosed with . . . gallbladder disease!
If you have never experienced gall stones, kidney stones, I'll fill you in. It was the worst pain I have ever experienced, more than labor, my back surgery, any dance injury I have had. So, during the apex of my pain, Michael called-- from the middle east!!! I crouched on the floor by the corded phone in order to talk to my husband, in the throes of pain, mouth totally parched and dripping in sweat. I certainly know how to make people cry these days. All the nurses, EMTs, staff saw this pathetic scene of the military wife speaking to her husband thousands of miles away. Everyone was crying, except for me, as I was in so much freaking pain.
So, I am now waiting for a surgery date, and I feel like a walking time bomb. I could have another attack at any point before the surgery, and I am scared to eat because of this!
Enough drama.
Seriously, can I ever do anything the simple way? Guess not.
On a lighter note, for my birthday, I gifted myself new hair. Chopped it, went platinum, almost white. Too fun. I told you I never stick to the same hair for very long! Life's too short!
So, I am strongly adhering to the belief that my birthday is cursed.
I'm canceling it! No more birthdays for me. Hey! That's fine. I'l stay 32 forever. Oops, did I say 32? I meant 27. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I hope you feel better soon. If you need anything please let me know! I am happy to help! By the way, I hope you remember me. Marie
Camille, You make me want to cry! If I was in town I would be down there in a heart beat! I get back late sunday night....I will give you a call!
I am so sorry. I hope you can get things taken care of soon. I am glad you got to talk to Michael, even if the circumstances were less than ideal. If you need anything, please let me know.
If you'll cancel birthdays, so will I! We love you Camillions and Cabillions
Mom & crew
Oh goodness! Call me and let me help with those cute babies of yours/make you dinner! My mom gets kidney stones & I've heard how amazingly painful those are-I cannot imagine! Seriously, call me and let me help! 400-3475
Believe it or not, I actually thought about you on your birthday this year and wondered where you were.
Post a Comment