Saturday, May 17, 2008

My Man in the Middle East

Just to preface, a few of these pics were modified for security reasons, and I won't be using any names of people, locations, or the time of day or date.
This is my man in green. Due to the nature of what they do, he never wears a uniform or identifying markers. Nice beard, huh? I married Isaac Asimov.
Or the lead guitarist from ZZ Top.

This is the multi-faiths chapel where they meet every Sunday!

These are the B-Huts-- their homes sweet home! Though ramshackle they may be, it's much better than a tent in the desert! Plus, they have electricity AND Internet.
Michael and a battle buddy at their re-up ceremony (meaning we're in this for the long haul)! The re-up was performed in front of this warthog. Sweeeeeeet.
I'd like you to know that this flying mega-weapon behind my man is just one of the million reasons why we have the most powerful and successful military on the planet. Someday I will post my "Why the American Military completely rocks" dissertation.
Michael's team. Yup, those are female soldiers on the right (GO girl power!!). This is the first time I've seen my man holstering his 9mm. I commented on the phone to him about this, and he responded, "camille, I have to holster a weapon to use the head." Yikes. When they leave the wire, my man the gunner becomes the terminator and is loaded down with the BIG guns. Get your tickets. . . (har har)

With a battle buddy prior to the re-up. This is a great pic of the warthog, his 9mm, and his military bracelet (he gave me a matching one that I wear ).

I am so proud of my man. He is doing a dangerous job for the most noble cause. I WISH the American people could hear the truth about Enduring Freedom. There are SO MANY wonderful things that are happening, so many changes for the better. For their governments, for their people. I am SO proud to be an American, and a military wife.

5 comments:

Emily said...

It is so nice to see other post about other soldiers. It s nice to know that every soldier is doing well. I hope you are doing good. Becca and I get together on Saturdays. Let us know if we can come bug you!

KatyBug said...

My brother...weird. Glad to see he's doing well. Hope you guys are doing well, too.

Rachel and Joshua said...

Hooray for those who practice good Op-Sec! :)
seriously, it's nice to see it taken so seriously!
Glad everyone is well!

holly said...

I love your post! What a service they are providing for all of us. Thank you to you and your sweetheart and all the military. :)

Michael said...

I'd still rather be home with my wife and kids!!! I love you all.