Alex got his Army room started today, with the new bed set to add to the cool quilt and pillow Nana made for him. I bought curtains as well, but I'm not feeling motivated at the moment. One thing at a time.
Seriously, do you have any idea how mentally exhausting it is to go out? Just gearing up to get the babies and Alex into the car, and out of the car, repeating the process, using the stroller as a grocery cart. It's exhausting. I'm sweaty and sore by 10:30am every day. You'd think I would look like an American Gladiator at this point from all the lifting and hauling I do all day long. LOADS of laundry, 23,456,798 bottles and diaper changes, synchronized crying and pooping. I've actually fallen asleep walking down my stairs(never with a baby in arms, just to clarify). The last time I was this tired was my junior year in college when I was, ahem, "studying" (ya, that's it) until 5 every morning. There were so many good parties and shin digs! I actually fell asleep in my tap class-- while tapping. That's talent. I fell asleep standing in the elevator, deciding what to eat from the vending machines, and ALWAYS in this one particular professor's class. Shewas SO boring.
So how do I handle my days? Looking forward to my nights. All my kids asleep, I can lay in bed and watch TV (HEAVEN!), dink around online (HEAVEN!), or just sit on my sofa and do absolutely nothing.
So, here's a video of Alex explaining his new room to Daddy.
5 comments:
Okay, that video is just so cute and sad all at the same time.
I wish I could give you some relief, my friend. If you would ever like to drop all three kiddos off at our house so you can go shop or even take a nap, I'm totally willing. Emma would think she was in heaven with two babies to love.
that was adorable and heart breaking--i'm with linsay. what a cutie. and you better let me help you when we get there. i am not afraid to "make" you help me meaning i will come and take children if i have to. love you!
My poor dear. Seriously! Plan ahead and try to get help around you and just try to combine as many things that you can so that you might get a little bit ahead. Have you got a young women who can come in twice a week to help and watch some of them s o that you can have Alex time a the groceries and leave the babies for an hour? Let me know if we can do anything! We would love to help but I can't manage to figure out something that could actually help. Please let us know. And we are very excited at the prospect of getting to see all of you this next month. Keep blogging, it is the easiest and simpliest way to keep in touch with you babe! We love you!!!
What a sweet video, it almost made me cry and I'm not even pregnant (when I pregnant I cry at almost every little thing that I watch). I don't know how you do it all, you are one amazing woman! The Lord knew what he was doing when he sent those babies to you! It's nice to know that we don't have to be perfect mothers and have perfectly clean houses all of the time, our kids will still love us regardless! I agree with the whole putting all the kids in the car, taking them out, running a 2 minute errand, putting them back in... When my youngest was a baby, I would make my sister come with me and sit in the car sometimes just so I didn't have to take all of the kids out and put them back in- and I didn't even have twins! I wished we lived closer to you!
Monica (Streeter) George
chrismonicaandfamily.blogspot.com
Well you looked like you had it all together at Target today!
So glad I found you!
Post a Comment