Saturday, May 31, 2008

Selling His Soul for the Presidency?

Obama Quits Church After Long Controversy
Candidate seeks to distance himself. . .

updated 55 minutes ago
ABERDEEN, S.D. - Barack Obama said Saturday he has resigned his 20-year membership in the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago "with some sadness" in the aftermath of inflammatory remarks by his longtime pastor the Rev. Jeremiah Wright and more recent fiery remarks at the church by another minister.

"This is not a decision I come to lightly ... and it is one I make with some sadness," he said at a news conference after campaign officials released a letter of resignation sent to the church on Friday.


How sad. Only for the presidency will he sever ties with his church of several years. If this was a moral issue, Wouldn't he have left the church years ago? Has the cost of the White House been his religious afiliation? This makes me sad. I liked Obama, but now . . .

No comments: