Look! I did my hair and makeup for Momma's Day . . . first time since Easter Sunday. . .
He's sleeping on Grandpa. There's nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby.
Okay, IT happened. In the rush of bathing and getting ready for bed, I pulled the color switch on my babies. Jack is looking lovely in pink, huh Daddy?
This is for M to check out-- I switched the pictures around! Our antique Christ painting and the Spanish Lithographs are now in the stair landing. I dig it. They match the runner that's in the well.
So, here's the minor changes. . . I adore the prints and fabric from Ikea, so I grabbed new pillows and throws the other day. The photos on the wall are ones I took in Monterey (sniff, sniff). Asilomar and Pacific Grove in the spring.
Here's my favorite photo-- HOW does one take a pseudo family photo on a holiday? Like this. It was a pathetic attempt, but I wanted something for Mother's Day. So here it is. The stick Alex is holding was a cookie flower they made in primary. I actually cried when he gave it to me, as I got nothing else. No breakfast in bed, sleeping in, no break from the babies. No pampering, pedis, manis, or day spa. I cooked mac and cheese for our dinner. This is what the day is like as a military wife. Honestly, I would have it no other way. Holidays are rough, but it's all worth it.
3 comments:
You look gorgeous! Your pseudo family picture is heaps better than any I got on Mother's Day. I didn't get any at all. And I even have a husband around.
I totally laughed at the color switch!
When are we going to get together so you can get some family pictures printed and hung up on those walls too? You have got to put the pictures of Alex and Michael up in Alex's room. It would be perfect in his new army room.
You look so beautiful...even with out make up. YOur one hot mama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love your hair!!
Post a Comment