Thursday, October 4, 2007

It's a BOY . . .and a GIRL!

Today we had a thorough visit with the perinatologist, and much to our relief saw TWO very healthy, developing babies! It was quite apparent that Baby A was a boy, who quickly started sucking on a toe following his gender debut, and a very active Baby B was primarily elisuve as to her gender. She is very active, her placenta in the anterior position, with her twin brother calmly nestled in the posterior. They are dichorionic, diamniotic, and thanks to a talented ultrasound technician, we saw beautiful images from the cerebellum down to counting all thier toes.
I've been attached to these little babies from the beginning, but those images today ingited that spark into a flame of infatuation. I am totally in love with these twins. Quickly banished from my mind the worries of "two car seats, two cribs..." and I am just anticipating that moment when I have both arms full for the rest of eternity.
Alex named the babies. We told him the names we like, and he said, "Oh, that's no good. Kierstin (our friends' baby girl) and T Rex. Or maybe just Dino and Rex." He's going to be awfully dissapointed when he reads the birth certificates.

1 comment:

Lizanne said...

Congratulations!! We are so soooo excited for you guys! I am so happy you are getting a girl in there Camille ;) We cant wait to see all of you when we get back to UT!