
But do we really like being nomads? I don't. We'll be looking at 17 moves in 6 years of marriage. Our moves are slightly predictable, being a part of the military. Move #16 took us out of the majestic California central coast. Monterey Bay is, by far, the most breathtaking part of the United States. Military housing out there is abysmal, but five minutes by car, and we were at the beach. Someday our diet of packing and moving will become lighter, but for now, when the north winds blow, we go . . .
This is a pic of us on the Monterey Bay.
2 comments:
Hey there, it's Scott from Michael's old unit. I've really enjoyed reading your blog! It's great to see what you guys have been up to. We have a blog as well if you want to check it out: www.freezerjam.blogspot.com. Can't wait to hear more about your adventures! P.S. If you could move back to Monterey permanently, would you? I really want to hear more about your experiences there since I'm still trying to decide whether or not it will be worth it to reenlist for 6 more years just to go there and learn Chinese. I'm especially interested in hearing things from the wife/mother point of view (I would love to go, but my wife is not too hot on the idea of me reenlisting and probably getting deployed for a third time after this one).
Nice picture! It looks like you were in Antarctica or on some sort of whale hunting expedition! Where was that?
Post a Comment