Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Day with Twins











This is how it goes with twins:

Wake up at least 4 times a night.
Bottles, change, High chairs for Breakfast, then nap.
Pee through diapers, meriting new clothes.
Change, bottles, later lunch, then take Alex to preschool.
Get home to do laundry, bottles, probably pooped on clothes, meriting change,and turn right around to pick up Alex from Preschool.
Snacks, errands, play with kids (ZOO time!) and get ready for Dinner.
Dinner. Messy. Not pretty. Kids begin screaming, exhausted.
Bathe twins, dress twins, give bottles, and put in cribs.
Bathe Alex, dress Alex, give water, books, and turn on music.
NOW my jobs begin.
Cleaning 2 high chairs of dinner, now crusting on chairs.
clean Alex'x table of refuse, and do dishes.
clean kitchen floor of mysterious mud (?).
Vacuum living room, freeing the floor of 23,546 cheerios now embedded into the carpet fibers.
Pass out cold in front of Gilmore Girls.
Starts over...

4 comments:

Lizanne said...

Wow, I dont know how you do it! You are amazing and you have three of the most adorable kids! The twins are getting so big! And I love the picture of their dinner...nice :) Hope you can find some time for yourself in your crazy days, you deserve it!!

Brenna LaPray said...

You are so funny! I just love the way you write. Oh, the things I have to look forward to. You really are a great mom. Your kids are darling. Even when they're messy.

Anne said...

i can't believe these pictures---they are so cute! and the dinner mess is beyond disturbing. love you.

Michael said...

I look at these pictures every time I need a pick-me-up.

I love you.