I have twins. (duh)
They are totally different.
My baby girl thinks food is a quirky novelty, but something that slows down her rigorous schedule of trying to lick the DVD player. She will eat but get bored with the process quickly.
But Jack; Ah! Jack. . . food is lovely, lovely, lovely. He makes cooing noises. He screams if I don't get it in front of him fast enough. That chubby fist is lightning-fast mashing a large portion and shoving it into his pie hole.
It's like watching a baby puma practicing pouncing. (sorry about the alliteration)
Today was something new-- white fish! Brooke was screaming ("strapped in! As IF!") and had nil interest in the food. She obliged a few mouthfuls, then threw the best tantrum to date. Girls.
Jack ate his peas and potato with gusto, and when the fish cooled, I micro-flaked a few pieces on his tray. He put it in his mouth, and gagged. His gagging surprised him, and he chuckled. "disgusting fish! I will still love you to the bitter end..." he ate ALL the fish, but gagged then laughed then gagged again. Then the tray was empty.
This kid looooooves food. He's got that pincer-grasp fine tuned and ready for anything. I have to HIDE when I eat, otherwise he wants it, and wants it NOW!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's my boy. He'll be bigger than his brother before long.
Jack reminds me of a little boy I once knew!! If you're in doubt, look above.
Love you
Mom Judy
p.s. I think this trait must come from the "D" side of the family
Post a Comment