Friday, October 3, 2008

From the Twin Files, Chapter 2

Can I vent? Just a little, please? Here goes . . .

Yes, I DO have my hands full.
DUH.

"Boy, You've got your hands full! ha, ha, haaaa....."
I hear that comment 34,578 times daily, mostly with nefarious chuckles as the passersby leave the scene. Really? Do you tell a blonde that her hair is yellow, or walk outside and say, "It's raining?" amidst a storm? humph.

Every now and then I get malicious, and I offer too much information.

Stranger(laughing): "Boy, you've got your hands full!"
Me (straight face): "Yes, I do, and I have a highly active four year old, plus my husband deployed to the Middle East weeks after they were born, leaving me the house to manage, as well as all our books, finances, and not to mention cleaning. That's why I smell like I haven't showered in three days, because I haven't. Twins are the easy part."
They usually walk away wordless. Good.

One time after my verbal diarrhea got the best of me, this woman said, "I really have no idea HOW to talk to you." Yup. Don't say you can relate. Just offer me caffeine, and leave me with a smile.

1 comment:

Anne said...

i've got caffeine. and i know how to talk to you. when are we getting together??