Saturday, November 29, 2008

It Must Have Been Ol' Santa Claus...

We LOVE the Christmas Season!

There's nothing bad about this time of the year for me. Now the spirit of the season is amplified, thanks to experiencing it through the eyes of children.

On Thanksgiving my sister told us about how her son, Thomas, was reassuring her about what a great helper he is while in the store.

"Hey, Mom, I'm a great helper, and I'm really nice, huh?"
"Well, sure, Thomas! You are a great helper!"

This repeated a few times until they got into her car. Then a quiet voice came from the backseat.

"Mom, do you think the elves can hear us in the car?"
"Yes, Thomas, they sure can!" Was the reply.
How sweet, the magic of Christmas is alive and well in the heart of my 7 year old nephew.

Today, the greatest moment happened with Alex.
"Mom, I'm going to ask Santa for something else."

This was after a period of silence while driving home.

"Okay, that's fine, sweetheart."

"Well, I want to ask Santa for something for you, not for me. I want to ask him to give you diamond ring, because you should have something nice, because you are soooooo nice, and sooooo sweet and sooo good a Mom... Do you think Santa would do that for me? For you?"

At this point, I was having a hard time seeing the road, fighting back the tears and laughter at the same time.

"Sweetheart, I think Santa would think you were wonderful to ask for that. He will even give you something anyhow..."

"Oh that's good!" I could hear his relief and elation.

Santa's bringing me a diamond ring.... maybe it's a silver-CZ ring from Target, but Alex WILL see a diamond ring from Santa for his Momma on Christmas morning.

No comments: