I talked to a friend this morning, for 29 minutes and 18 seconds... (now you know who you are), they are going through a rough patch, and I was useless as to being supportive on the phone. So, I felt that I could make a public spectacle of myself and write you a letter here.
My Dear Friend,
I can hear the strain in your voice. I can tell that your life has put you on the brink of demise, and I wish there was more I could do for your situation.
Do you remember when my man went back to the sand? I never told you of how I reacted the days following. I ended up on my kitchen rug, sobbing into a pint of Ben and Jerry's, cursing my situation and God for putting me in this mess.
Yesterday in Sunday School we discussed a scripture where a group of people began to be sorrowful to God for their situation. It wasn't that they were coming to God for help, but that they were blaming God for what happened to them. I heard that and went "'Kay, I took a wrong approach for too long..."
You can't blame God for a tough situation. You can't curse the people who put you in that situation. If we did that, what use would our lives be? It's not the good times, but the tough times that define us. It's when everything feels like it's crashing down on us, everyone has abandoned us, that we are required to prove ourselves.
I've been praying for you, that you can find the goodness in your current situation.
No matter what has been said or done in the past, you have today, and the worth of every day being new. I am grateful for everyday being a new one, that we CAN start fresh and try a new approach to old problems.
Don't allow the discouragement to go deep into your heart. That can make the trap of disappointment impossible to escape.
Above all, there IS a God. He has a Son, Jesus Christ, who died for your sins and sorrow. Sorrow-- meaning he knows your disappointments. Take it to Him, allow Him to heal your heart. All's you gotta do is PRAY!
That's it for now.
I love you, I pray for you... heal your hurting heart. I know you can!
Forever Your Friend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If it had been me on the phone, I'd appreciate the letter. I concur with your sentiments exactly.
I haven't any idea of situation, but feel to add a thought.
Our disappointments and failures tend to define us temporarily--as we figure out where we go from where they brought us--but it's so encouraging to know there really is a forward. For years after our daughter died, I felt very defined by that loss. I now feel overwhelmingly grateful for the honor of participating in her life. Elder Maxwell described pain as having an effect of hollowing us out and making more room for the good and joyful. That has been my experience...the beautiful fruits of the Law of Opposition.
Post a Comment