Sometimes, I wish I had money. Even just enough to call myself a thousandaire, you know? I want to set up my kids for higher education, missions, marriage, all those things that make my hair even gray-er. THEN, I'd pay everything off, build fresh-water wells through Africa, and build a brand new dance department for BYU.
Sometimes, I wish I had more patience. Although my top rarely blows, my patience is tried, tried, TRIED all day long, and I'm sick of that percolating frustration building behind my occasionally feigned smile.
Sometimes I wish I lived on a self-sustaining farm. Just outside city limits of Stars Hollow.
Sometimes I wish I lived in Stars Hollow. Next to Babbette.
Sometimes I wish I could go through a day free of pain and exhaustion. Huh. With my back and kids... Not in this life.
Sometimes I wish there were more hours in the day, just for sleeping.
Sometimes I wish we lived in a society free from prejudice, crimes, hate, dishonesty. I truly wish we could just all get along...
Most importantly, sometimes I wish that I was a better Mom. Really. I go through the day barely making it, trying my best and always pulling up short. There's always someone crying, someone with a dirty diaper, and someone who needs a NAP (that would be me!). Too many times, after the house is turned down, the kids asleep, I replay moments of the day, regretting that song not sung, that third "Just a moment" I said to Alex, and that last snuggle that was too short. I'm sure this one's universal.
As this list has been playing through my head the past few days, I realized that while I most likely will never have money, more hours in the day, or be totally free from pain, I can take the life that has been given me and live it well. Being in the moment. That's the one I wish for the most. I wish to always live in the moment, making the most of every minute we have been given.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment